Pages

Friday, March 6, 2020

My Rage Statement: About the Treatment of Elizabeth Warren


To the Progressive Left,
To America,

If you can't handle a rage statement, please move on. I'm deeply enraged and will continue to be for a good long while.

Someone told me again that Elizabeth Warren lied and is a snake. They were speaking about Sanders telling her that a woman couldn't win. She didn't lie, and this is how I know.

I heard hundreds of men and women say a woman couldn't win.

Further, I saw the Progressive Left and America look down at the most qualified candidate America ever had, period, and they selected two old white men instead.

I saw them scorn a candidate with the most robust progressive policies ever designed.

I saw them ignore the most intersectional set of policies we've ever seen, created by the most diverse staff of any candidate, ever.

She has chewed up and spit out CEOs, who abused Americans, for lunch.

During the Big Bank bailout, when everyone else was busy propping up the banks who screwed us, and while Sanders was doing nothing but yelling about the bailout, she was busy protecting The People. She dreamed up, fought for, and stood up the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau to protect the average American from predatory banks. With it, she returned 12 billion dollars to 29 million people, mostly low income and minority families, who were scam victims. 

In Congress, she tore apart the Wells Fargo CEO, for the fraudulent scam of creating multiple unauthorized accounts for Americans, to drive up share prices. She publicly excoriated him for blaming and firing a swath of $12 an hour employees, while collecting hundreds of millions on the scam for himself. She paved the path to fine Wells Fargo 3 billion dollars for the scam and still calls for the executives to go to jail to this day.

She ended the sexist, racist Bloomberg candidacy by herself, in less than 5 minutes flat.

The Progressive Left has been loud and clear. They paid back her efforts by called her a corporatist shill.

They called her a fake, a fraud, and a snake.

They believe Sanders over Warren when no one was in the room.

And men and women everywhere said she couldn't win because her voice was "too shrill."

And men said, "I hope for her sake America doesn't see her like I do."

And they called her a "plain looking school marm."

And they said that "an angry Warren was unattractive."

And they said no one would elect an "English grade-school teacher" because they didn't even bother to look up her resume.

How did they rewarded this awesome, intelligent, empathetic, courageous, gladiator of a woman, who stood in 4-hour selfie lines and pinky promised little girls they could be President? They rewarded her with snake emojis.

I got the message loud and clear. I didn't have to be in that room.

Sanders said it. He said it because it is true.

America is sexist. A woman can't win.

A woman can't win because we believe a woman can't win.

Also, the Progressive Left isn't Progressive at all. I'm Progressive. What they did to Warren isn't Progressive. It's destructive. It's regressive.

My memory is long. I haven't entered a Chick-fil-A since 2012.

My rage is deep. I will not ever support the Progressive Movement until they actually are Progressive, which I expect will take a good long time, if ever.

And after Trump is out, I will not vote for a male Presidential Candidate again, until we have first had several female Presidents, if ever.

Are we clear?

I will do this because there are men and women who will never vote for a woman. And there are even more people who fear others won't vote for a woman, making the problem even worse. So, they will now need to reckon with me, a woman who won't vote for a man.

When the fear of the those who won't vote for men finally equals the fear of those who won't vote for women, the sexist slant of power will be equalized.

Every time I hear my fellow Americans, be they family, friends, or strangers, adding to the societal chant that "a woman can't win" I will do everything in my power to shut them down.

Getting Trump out in 2020 is essential for the survival of our democracy. This must happen first.

But, starting in 2024, I encourage both men and women to stand with me in boycotting men from the Presidency until the power is balanced.

We should still vote because we need to win the down-ballot races and protect Congress. However, if there is no woman on the Presidential ballot, we will simply write "A Woman" in the write-in space. We must ensure our party knows why they are failing to garner our vote for the highest office. Women make up 65% of the Democratic electorate. We must break this final glass ceiling!

240 years of male Presidents . . . I've had enough.

This is my pledge:

My vote is my power.
I will wield that power to equalize power imbalance.
#LastMaleVote2020

A woman can win.
A woman will win and we will demand it.

Pass it on!


Lisanne Lombardo
Citizen of the United States
Advocate for Self-determination

#LastMaleVote2020
#RageStatement

11 comments:

  1. Indeed. I have no respect for the little women who cheerfully vote as hubby tells them. I don't give a damn what their reason is and that includes my sister who toes the party like like a good parrot. I detest all the bigots including the ones who give in to keep peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you Dear. We've had enough!
      #LastMaleVote2020

      Delete
  2. I can't even begin to tell you just how much this resonated with me as a dude who has followed Warren from the beginnings of her career to the end of her 2020 campaign. I applaud your statement, and indeed have shared it. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! You covered it. This has all been bullshit, she was the best possible candidate she could have beaten 45 and given us the country we had. #LastMaleVote2020

    ReplyDelete
  4. The RAGE is very reasonable and timely. We should turn the rage to ACTION!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She would have been the best president since FDR, and was the best candidate since RFK was assassinated. But we get a politically disabled Sanders, whose own party (half of whom still accuse him of not even being a Democrat) set to sabotage him from day 1, and a creepy, possibly senile, Biden who sniffs hair and holds shoulders and sees nothing wrong with setting his son up with a cushy gas-industry job in Ukraine.

    I'm sick of this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAS!!!! To all of it. Thank you. #LastMaleVote for certain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "And after Trump is out, I will not vote for a male Presidential Candidate again, until we have first had several female Presidents, if ever."

    I'm with you on this!!!!

    Please reach out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fire forward Warrior Queen. Unleash the Dragons! The time of burning away our indifferences, our weaknesses, our blatant and torturous biases is here. I shall with great honor strike the match for you whenever the opportunity arises. I challenge all true men to stand with us fearlessly. For are we not sons of a woman, a grandson of the same, brothers to sisters, nephews of aunts, and often fathers of Warrior Queens of our own, To the torches people! Mike D. Pickering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said Jennifer! It sums up well. Women alone can not do it. We should get our brothers to feel the rage and hold hands with them. This is a issue of social justice; treating one sex differently from the other. We all should be in it!

      Delete
  9. the patriarchy gets not one more thin dime from me. my donations will go to worthy progressive female candidates at all levels of government only. I'm so done w/ this misogyny b.s. as in stick a fork in me done.

    ReplyDelete

Civil commentary welcome. Abusive comments will be deleted.